Saturday 10 April 2010

Welcome back

After a few days holiday in the north of England - it was great not having to show my passport at the border or pay to change my pounds into euros - I am back and ready to do my bit in the General Election campaign.

In fact I was out this morning in Port Glasgow delivering direct mail to voters. Due to the good weather I got the opportunity to speak to a few people. The response from traditional Labour voters was very encouraging. They, like me, have not forgotten the damage that the Tories did to our community and they can see through David Cameron's new Tories.

Time is running out for people who are not on the electoral register. You have until Tuesday 20th April to register otherwise you won’t be able to vote in the General Election on 6th May.

Registering to vote only takes a few minutes: print off a form from www.aboutmyvote.co.uk, the website of the independent elections watchdog the Electoral Commission, or telephone 01475 790135.

No comments:

Post a Comment