Tuesday 20 April 2010

A few narrow escapes

It has been a busy few days on the campaign trail.

Saturday morning was spent in Greenock Town Centre delivering leaflets and direct mail. On Sunday I did a bit of leafleting in the afternoon in Kilmacolm and spent a couple of hours up lamp posts, ably assisted by my oldest (payback for allowing his pals to stay overnight).

Last night and tonight we were in my own ward in Port Glasgow delivering leaflets and direct mail. Fortunately I avoided being bitten again, although tonight I did have a few narrow escapes.

One of the benefits of electioneering is that it gets you fit, particularly when like me you normally don't have time for much exercise. In the past it has also been a good way of losing weight. Unfortunately the older you get the harder this becomes!

No comments:

Post a Comment