Sunday 21 August 2011

The week ahead...

Monday
A full day at work with no evening Council commitments.
Tuesday
At work until 2.00 before going to Greenock for a meeting of the Audit Committee. This will be followed by a briefing for elected members on the Clyde Valley shared support services business case. At 5.00 myself and the Depute Council Leader, Jim Clocherty, are due to hold our weekly meeting with the Chief Executive.
Wednesday 
Unfortunately, due to the short notice and work commitments, I am unable to attend the Coastguard Union's meeting in the Greenock Town Hall Saloon at 11.00. I have asked the Chief Executive to attend on my behalf and my colleague Iain McKenzie will also be in attendance. In the late afternoon I will be in the Council for weekly meetings of the Administration and Labour Groups. I then hope to get along to the AGM of Newark Primary School Parent Council at 6.30.
Thursday
Due to work commitments I am missing meetings of the Inverclyde CHCP Sub-Committee and Health & Social Care Committee. My colleague Iain McKenzie will substitute for me at both meetings. I have no evening commitments at the moment.
Friday
Most of my day will be taken up with a trip to Edinburgh for the COSLA Leaders' meeting: my first since as stepped down as Council Leader in February. It will be good to see my Labour colleagues again. I will be at work for a couple of hours in the afternoon.

No comments:

Post a Comment