Saturday 13 August 2011

A bridge too far?

I see that SNP Group Leader Innes Nelson has come in for some flak for proposing that the Scottish Government builds a bridge from Gourock to Dunoon. Innes is looking for Councillors to agree to the inclusion of his 'big idea' in the new Local Development Plan.

I would be interested to know how readers think I should vote as I really haven't got much time to focus on this debate at present.

My attention is focused on more mundane matters such as ensuring that we can deliver our massive schools and leisure investment programmes, lobbying for more money from the Scottish Government to improve our housing, finding some extra funding to fill the holes in our roads, trying to sustain our various employment initiatives and grappling with how we are going to sustain our frontline services in the face of further anticipated funding cuts by the Scottish Government.

Mind you, with the Council elections due next year I probably need a big idea or two of my own.

Any thoughts?


No comments:

Post a Comment