Thursday 18 August 2011

Mixed emotions...

I had mixed emotions this afternoon when I was appointed as the Leader of the Council for a second time.

Not many people get the chance to lead the Council once, never mind twice. I feel deeply honored and privileged.

However the reason I was given this second opportunity was down to the tragic loss of my Labour colleague David Cairns. It is still hard to accept that he is no longer with us.

I would like to thank my colleague Iain McKenzie for his excellent leadership of the Council over the last six months and to wish him well in his new role as Member of Parliament for Inverclyde. I am sure that he will do us proud.

I would also wish to thank the Labour Group and our coalition partners for the faith that they have shown in me. I am proud to lead such a strong and committed team.


No comments:

Post a Comment