Sunday 21 March 2010

The week ahead...

A busy and varied week ahead:

Monday
7.30 Start work in Glasgow
3.30 Leave work to travel to Greenock
4.30 Meeting with Councillors David Wilson and Iain McKenzie
5.00 Meeting of the Council's Strategic Leadership Forum
Tuesday
7.30 Start work in Glasgow
12.00 Leave work to travel to Greenock stopping off at Port Glasgow on the way
12.30 Visit to Ferguson's Shipyard to see progress on the restoration of the SV Comet
1.30 Meeting with the Council's external advisor and Councillors Iain McKenzie and Jim MacLeod regarding the Chief Executive's annual appraisal for 2010 (the appraisal panel consists of the Leader and Depute Leader of the Council and the Leader of the largest opposition group)
3.30 Meeting with the Editor of The Greenock Telegraph
4.30 Weekly meeting of the Administration Group
6.00 Surgery at Park Farm Community Hall
Wednesday
I am on leave from work as I am involved in interviews all day for the post of Corporate Director of Education & Communities. The panel will convene at 9.00 a.m. and we hope to have completed our deliberations by 6.00 p.m.
I am aiming to attend a meeting of the Kelburn Action Group at 7.00 p.m. in Woodhall Tenants' Hall.
Thursday
I will be at work all day from 7.30 a.m. to approximately 7.00 p.m. as I have to present reports to the Management Committee of the housing association.
Friday
7.30 Start work in Glasgow
8.30 Leave work to travel to Edinburgh
10.00 Meeting of the COSLA Labour Group
12.00 COSLA Leaders' Meeting
1.45 Leave Edinburgh to return to Glasgow
3.15 Return to work
5.00 Leave work to return home
Saturday
10.30 Opening a community engagement event for the Inverclyde Alliance at the Gamble Halls in Gourock

3 comments:

  1. Councillor McCabe ,I see John Bowes has had another go at the council on the Inverclyde now web sight. Who is this guy ,what is his problem .

    http://www.inverclydenow.com/ShowReplies.asp?TopicID=74

    8 James watt college students, cheers

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have never had the pleasure of meeting him although I am assured that he does exist.

    I don't believe he has any party afiliation.

    He is just someone who has opinions - usually negative - on most things and likes to share them through the local newspaper and Inverclyde Now website.

    He has verbally attacked me a few times over the years, accusing me of only being interested in denominational schools, based presumably on his knowledge of my religious beliefs and the football team I support, given that he doesn't actually know me.

    I am afraid that having to deal with people like Mr Bowes goes with the territory.

    ReplyDelete
  3. He is a very angry man. And his accusations against you are really odd, because i am under the impression that some of your children go to a non-denominational school.

    ReplyDelete