Wednesday 31 March 2010

Long memories

I see that our esteemed First Minister today ruled out a coalition with either Labour or the Tories after the UK General Election, stating: "We will not form a coalition with either Tweedledum or Tweedledee".

Not exactly the language of a statesman, but then again that's what we have come to expect from him.

It may suit Alex Salmond to try to portray that there is no difference between Labour and the Tories but some of us who lived through 18 years of Tory rule between 1979 and 1997 have long memories. I haven't forgotten or forgiven the damage that the Tories did to my community.

That is why over the coming weeks I intend to spend as much time as I can campaigning for the election of a Labour Government, just as I did 27 years ago when I joined the Labour Party. Mind you I am praying for a better result this time.

No comments:

Post a Comment