Sunday 17 January 2010

A working weekend

As a working Councillor I have to balance my work, Council and family commitments. That often means part of my weekend is taken up with reading papers in preparation for meetings in the week ahead. This weekend has been no different as I have had to read the agenda for the Policy & Resources Committee pre-agenda meeting on Monday and applications received for the post of Corporate Director for Education and Communities.

I also spent a few hours at work on Saturday and Sunday mornings making up for hours that I have taken off for Council duties. This is a busy time for me at work as I am preparing budgets for the new financial year starting in April.

Of course I also have to find time for other things - taking my sons' to the football and a trip to the supermarket being two of the highlights!

No comments:

Post a Comment