Thursday 14 January 2010

Parklea pitch on schedule

I attended one of the quickest Regeneration Committees on record this afternoon: it lasted just over 50 minutes, rather than the normal 3 hours!

I was however able to get an update from officers on the progress of the new 3G pitch at Parklea, which is the first phase of an over all development costing £6.4m.

Subject to planning permission being granted in early February, the contract is ready to be awarded and work should start at the end of that month and be completed before the end of May. The pitch will cost £640,000.

Hopefully when work starts on this new pitch the doubters will start to believe that I am determined to make Parklea one of the best football centres in Scotland.

3 comments:

  1. My name is Andy Mc Alonan treasurer parklea bowling club we will be holding our A.G.M.This Sunday 24/01/2010 i would be grateful if you could tell me how we feature in the Parklea generation plan. So i could pass this on to our members.
    Thanks Andy.
    and1es2000@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good to hear from you. I will ask officers to contact you to arrange a meeting.

    ReplyDelete
  3. THANK YOU..
    comment annoymous is the only way it will let
    me contact you.
    modern technonogley. eh? Will pass on message.at
    meeting.
    Thanks.

    ReplyDelete