Thursday 27 October 2011

Kilmacolm and Quarrier's update...

Unfortunately due to technical problems my November column for The Advertizer has not been published, so I have reproduced it below.

On Thursday 6 October I had the enormous privilege to cut the first sod to mark the site start on the Council’s new £44m shared school campus in upper Port Glasgow. The campus will be home to Port Glasgow and St Stephen’s High Schools and a new special needs school to replace Glenburn and Lilybank Schools. It is scheduled for completion in summer 2013.

Also on 6 October I had the honour of speaking and presenting the awards at the St Stephen’s High School Awards’ Ceremony. The following week I also attended the Port Glasgow High School Awards’ Ceremony. Both were fantastic occasions and I was delighted by the support shown to the schools by the local community.

On 10 October I attended a meeting of Kilmacolm Primary School Parent Partnership and was very impressed by the commitment of the new committee members. As a local Councillor – and a parent of two children at the school – I am keen to support the parent body and the school in whatever way I can.

On 25 October the Council’s Safe, Sustainable Communities Committee allocated the additional £1m of roads funding approved in the previous month by the Policy & Resources Committee. I am pleased to report that a number of local roads – Whitelea Road, part of the A761, Finlaystone Road, High Street and Market Place – will be resurfaced.

This year’s Christmas lights switch-ons – always great occasions for our communities - will take place on Friday 2 December. The event in Kilmacolm (venue still to be confirmed at the time of writing) will kick off at 6.00 p.m., while the Quarrier’s event will commence at 7.00 p.m. at Quarriers’ HQ. A busy night for Santa!

My surgeries this month are on Tuesday 15 November, 6.00 – 7.00 p.m., in St Francis Primary School, and on Monday 28 November, 6.00 – 7.00 p.m., in Kilmacolm Community Centre.

You can also contact me directly to discuss any matters that are of concern to you, by telephone on 01475 712020 (during office hours) and 871368 (home), or by email to Stephen.McCabe@inverclyde.gov.uk. Alternatively you can write to me at 10 Victoria Gardens, Kilmacolm PA13 4HL.

No comments:

Post a Comment