Friday 26 February 2010

A winter we won't forget...

I have had to deal with a number of complaints over the last couple of days from constituents frustrated by the delay in their streets being attended to by the snow ploughs.

While I can understand these frustrations - my own street wasn't cleared until tonight - I have to pay tribute to the staff of the Council's Roads Service, who have again been working tirelessly to try to keep Inverclyde moving in very difficult circumstances.

Most of us - and I am no exception - find it hard to cope when our routine is upset. We are also not used to the exceptionally bad weather we have experienced this winter. I am still sore from the two hours I spent yesterday digging my car out.

Let's hope that spring is here soon!

4 comments:

  1. If only...theroads in port glasgow are still a disgrace. Lucky greenock and gourock never got snowor the port would still be waiting on a snowplough

    ReplyDelete
  2. Perhaps the real frustration lies in the fact that this time only small parts of Inverclyde were really affected by the snow - most notably upper Port Glasgow and Kilmacolm - and yet the Roads Service was unable to make the Clune Brae safe and were ineffectual on Ardmore road. Anything above the Boglestone Roundabout wasn't even considered. A very poor performance all round.

    ReplyDelete
  3. There have been other parts of Inverclyde at higher levels badly affected by snow. I know because I have relatives in these areas as well as upper Port Glasgow.

    If anyone wishes me to highlight particular issues to the Roads Service or wishes to make a formal complaint please feel free to email me and I will take the matter up.

    My email address is Stephen.McCabe@inverclyde.gov.uk

    ReplyDelete
  4. tricia roberts2 March 2010 at 14:46

    I live in the Drumillan Hill area of Greenock and we had so much snow that we were literally snowed in for 2 days!!!
    Snow Plough did come up after the second night of heavy snow but unfortunately this only resulted in mountainous snow piles which disabled the chance of getting out of our driveways!!! But in all fairness, no one could have envisaged such a horrendous snow fall!!!

    ReplyDelete