Sunday 26 August 2012

The week ahead...

Monday
Attending visit by John Swinney in the morning and a meeting with officers before heading to work in Glasgow for the afternoon. In the evening I have a choice of four meetings - I will be attending the Woodhall Task Group on this occasion.
Tuesday
At work in the morning before heading down to Greenock for an early afternoon meeting with the Local Government Minister, Derek MacKay MSP. This will be followed by a meeting of the Inverclyde CHCP Sub-Commitee. In the evening I am planning to attend a meeting of Kilmacolm Community Council.
Wednesday
At work in the morning. In the afternoon I have a meeting with Scot Rail, my weekly meeting with the  Chief Executive and a meeting of the Labour Group.
Thursday
At work in the morning. In the afternoon I have a Members' briefing at 2.00, the Environment & Regeneration Committee at 3.00 and the Port Glasgow Town Centre Working Group at 5.00.
Friday
I am through at COSLA in Edinburgh for meetings most of the day. in the evening I will be attending the AGM of Inverclyde Labour Party.

4 comments:

  1. Mr McCabe ,I have a couple of question I would like to ask you as council leader.

    Rumour has it that SNP councillor Jim Grieves will be forced to stand down this year due to ill health.
    Is this being forced upon him by the council or has he eventually decided to do the right thing.

    I have been informed former SNP councillor Chris Osborne is being brought in unchallenged, although other SNP candidates have laid claim to this seat (but he is denying having any interest).Others interested I would assume are,
    Drew Mckenzie(Indy)
    Robert Burns (lib dem)
    Harry Osborn (tory) although very unlikely to win.
    Can you shed any light on this news and when we in ward 2 would likely have to decided who to vote for.
    Any information Mr McCabe would be helpful.

    Thanking you. Elizabeth Cairns

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have no knowledge of the current state of Councillor Grieve's health Mrs Cairns. Your enquiries would be better directed to SNP Group Leader Keith Brooks.

    More generally, a Councillor would be required to stand down by the Council if they do not attend a meeting during a 6 month period.

    You may wish to note that I have been informed by Robert Burns that he is no longer a member of the Liberal Democrats.

    ReplyDelete
  3. BOY BLUNDER CLLR CAMPBELL STURGEES LIVES IN WARD 2. HIS HARD WORK AND POPULARITY WILL MEAN THAT HE COULD STAND DOWN IN WARD 3 AND STAND IN WARD 2. I AM SURE THE BOY WOULD WIN.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good idea, then Labour could win two by-elections.

    ReplyDelete