Friday 16 September 2011

Clydeview Academy...

I see that my comments on Clydeview Academy have generated a number of responses on Inverclyde Now and the Greenock Telegraph website.

I was particularly interested in the response from Graeme Brooks, former Chair of the Greenock Academy Parent Council.

I am not sure who Graeme allegedly spoke to but the decision not to have temporary classrooms at Clydeview had nothing to do with Councillors not wanting to be embarrassed and everything to do with Councillors and non Councillors on the Education and Lifelong Learning Committee wanting to ensure that the rolls of other secondary schools were protected.

The people who should be embarrassed are those who are talking down the school at present; those responsible for the failure of the capping strategy; and those who are seeking to exploit the current situation for their own narrow political ends.

I think Graeme will know who I am talking about.

No comments:

Post a Comment