Sunday 19 June 2011

The week ahead...

With the Council now in recess until August, the main focus this week will be campaigning for Labour Candidate Iain McKenzie in the by-election:

Monday
At work until 2.00 and then picking my kids up from school before going out campaigning in the late afternoon.
Tuesday
At work until late afternoon and then out campaigning.
Wednesday
At work until 2.00 and then picking my kids up from school.
At 4.00 I am attending at meeting in Woodhall where River Clyde Homes will be updating residents on phase 2 of their new build programme. Looks like being a difficult meeting due to the uncertainty over the availability of funding from the SNP government.
At 7.30 I will be attending a concert in Port Glasgow Town Hall to mark the 50th Anniversary of St Stephen's High School.
Thursday
At work until 6.00 and then out campaigning.
Friday
At work until 5.00 and then out campaigning.
Saturday
Having to take the day off campaigning as my work is having a Fun Day in Govan
Sunday
More campaigning!

3 comments:

  1. I met Mr Milliband in Branchton yesterday.When I asked a labour member if our Labour councillor for the area would be paying a visit I was quickly dismissed.I asked several members of the public if he was in attendance and they didnt know,The reason being nobody knew the name of our labour councillor.I was then informed that the Labour councillor didnt know very many people from Branchton.Are all councillors for this ward only interested in Inverkip Wemyss Bay.Seems Branchton and Larkfield are only on the radar at election time. Mr Rebechi is the only one who comes near the area and I am reluctant to vote lib dem but rest assured ,I and others will vote him for the reason mentioned

    Davie Ellis
    Branchton

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just read this comment,I must agree that labour are being badly represented by some of their elected members,not just in Branchton/larkfield, the public voted for 2 labour candidates in greenck and ended up with 1 after the other went independent.
    The name being put about as Charlie Mcallums replacement by labour has got to be a joke,Yvonne Robertson will be a vote loser for labour not a vote winner. What the hell are your party up to,do you have a deathwish
    Iain

    ReplyDelete
  3. We haven't even started our selection process yet, so not sure how anyone knows who our candidates will be!

    We have plenty of talented people in the local Labour Party, a number of who are interested in becoming candidates for next year's elections.

    Watch this space!

    ReplyDelete