Monday 14 February 2011

Stepping down...

I feel deeply privileged to have held the position of Council Leader for nearly 4 years and would like to thank my colleagues in the Labour Group and the Administration for giving me this opportunity. I believe that we can be justifiably proud of what we have achieved in that time and the decisions we have taken for the benefit of future generations.

The role of Council Leader is demanding at the best of times. Trying to carry out the role while in full-time employment and with a young family to bring up has not been easy. I have had to make personal sacrifices and I feel that the time is now right for me take a step back, following approval of our two-year budget, to spend more time with my family.

I would like to thank the Council’s Chief Executive, John Mundell, and officers past and present for the support that they have given me during my time as Council Leader. They too can be proud of what we have achieved together.

4 comments:

  1. I just want to congratulate you on all that you've done as Leader of the Council. I think that what you've done while managing all your other commitments has been remarkable. I'm sure you'll look back with pride.

    Willie Wilson

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Willie for these kind words.

    I am grateful to you and everyone else who has sent me messages of support.

    Best wishes

    Stephen

    ReplyDelete
  3. Having seen the dabacle which is the UK and Scottish Governments school buildings programme,every parent in Inverclyde should be proud of the chool rebuilding and various regeneration projects ,completed and under way,and all under your stewardship.A legacy you should be proud of.
    Good luck in all future endeavours.
    Colin

    ReplyDelete