Tuesday 20 July 2010

Phase 2 of Parklea Development Underway

I had a trip down to Parklea Playing Fields tonight, where my son's football team was training on the new £690,000 3G pitch.

I was delighted to see that work in well underway on phase 2 of the redevelopment - the widening of the access road and upgrading of the car park at a cost of £350,000.

It is pleasing when you see a project that you have been working on for some time finally coming to fruition. I would hope that the doubters are now starting to believe that we are going to deliver on our promise to make Parklea a centre of excellence for football.

2 comments:

  1. Dear MR McCABE
    I'm delighted to see any new development in Port Glasgow and i was wondering if there was any plans to develop the riverside west of Coronation Park and as far as the boat club?

    While out walking this am,i get increasingly frustrated that we are not even winning the battle, never mind the war with the dog foulers and the litter louts.

    Mags

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for your comment Margaret. I will look into this matter.

    Regards

    Stephen

    ReplyDelete