Sunday 31 January 2016

The week ahead...

Monday
In the afternoon I have a meeting with the Business Minister Fergus Ewing MSP to discus the situation at Texas Instruments followed by the first meeting of the Task Force I have called. I will then be chairing a meeting of the Council's cross-party Members' Budget Working Group as we continue consideration of the implications of our £6.6m funding cut from the Scottish Government.
Tuesday
A busy afternoon with a Members' briefing on our budget consultation, a meeting of the Policy & Resources Committee, my weekly meeting with the Chief Executive and a special meeting of the River Clyde Homes Board.
Wednesday
I am heading through to Edinburgh for a trade unions' protest at the Scottish Parliament against the Government's savage cuts to local authority funding.
Thursday
No commitments at this time.
Friday
In the morning I have a meeting at River Clyde Homes in my capacity as Chair of the Audit and Finance Committee followed by a meeting at Duncan McNeil MSP's office with SERCO to discuss their plans if they win the clyde ferry tender from Calmac.

No comments:

Post a Comment