Sunday 3 July 2011

The week ahead...

Although the Council is in recess - and I am on leave from work for the next 2 weeks - I do have some Council business this week.

On Monday I am attending a special meeting of the Council's Regeneration Committee to discuss - and hopefully approve - outline proposals for the redevelopment of the Gourock Pierhead area. Later in the afternoon I have a special meeting of the Labour Group to discuss how we go forward following my colleague Iain McKenzie's election as the local MP.

On Wednesday morning I have arranged to walk round Port Glasgow Town Centre with the Council's Corporate Director Regeneration & Environment, Aubrey Fawcett, to discuss the priorities for the Council's and Riverside Inverclyde's funding for the redevelopment of the Town Centre.

The redevelopment of the Gourock Pierhead area and Port Glasgow Town Centre are high priorities for the Administration so I am happy to sacrifice part of my annual holiday to make sure that we move these projects forward.

No comments:

Post a Comment