Wednesday 24 November 2010

A good day...

It was a good day today.

At lunchtime I attended a small event in Oronsay to mark the handover of the first new houses to be built by River Clyde Homes in Port Glasgow.

The Oronsay development is part of an overall project comprising of 195 new homes, with other houses being built at Woodhall and Moray Road. The total contract value is £23.5m.

These are the first new family houses to be built in Port Glasgow since 1975, so it is quite a milestone.

I had the opportunity to have a look at a couple of houses and was impressed by what I saw. I also spoke to some of the tenants, who are delighted with their new homes.

This evening I attended a reception at The Custom House in Greenock where His Royal Highness, The Earl of Wessex, unveiled the name of the new Arts Guild theatre: The Beacon Inverclyde Arts Centre. Work started on the new centre - which is being funded in part through a £2.5m grant from the Council - this week and should be completed in 2012.

This again is another major milestone in the regeneration of Inverclyde.

As I said, a good day.

No comments:

Post a Comment