Friday 10 September 2010

Well done to Stuart...

I see from tonight's Greenock Telegraph that SNP List MSP Stuart McMillan was the man responsible for bringing the First Minister to Greenock on Monday to cut the sod (or more accurately move a bit of dirt) at the site of the new £10m Arts Guild Theatre. Well done to Stuart!

I like to think I played a small part too in creating a photo opportunity for the First Minister by ensuring that the Council came up with £2.5m to make the project happen.

It was actually the first time that I had met Mr Salmond. I had received a few invites through to Edinburgh previously for events he was hosting but I could not make them due to other commitments.

I must say that I found him to be charming, as you would expect, just like the previous First Minister when I met him. My colleague Jim Clocherty also got on well with him, not surprising given their mutual love of horse racing. I understand that a few tips were swapped.

If I was a betting man however I don't think I would be putting a lot on our Eck to cross the finish line first next May.

No comments:

Post a Comment