Tuesday 22 June 2010

An interesting day...

Early this afternoon I attended a consultation meeting for Councillors arranged by the consultants who are working on a parking strategy for Greenock Town Centre. The meeting was well attended with a mix of views being expressed by Members. There will be further consultation with a range of local stakeholders before the consultants draft up options for consideration by the Council.

Later in the afternoon I attended a Members' briefing by Bill Nicol, Chief Executive of Riverside Inverclyde, on the various projects that his organisation is working on in partnership with the Council and other agencies. It was heartening to hear that in these tough economic times progress is still being made, although perhaps not at the pace that we had hoped for.

In the evening I attended the annual general meeting of Park Farm Tenants' and Residents' Association. I feel it is important that, when I can, I go along to such meetings to show my support for the volunteers who run these groups. There was the added bonus this evening of a performance by clients of Jericho House of an extract from their latest play dealing with the challenges faced by people trying to come off drugs.

No comments:

Post a Comment