Wednesday 9 June 2010

Another Education Day...

Monday of this week was another education day for me.

In the afternoon I paid a visit to the new Autism Base at Notre Dame High School to find out how things having been going since the base was established last year. I was delighted to hear that the young people who are supported by the staff in the base are all very doing well.

The secondary base was established after parents of pupils in the primary base in St Lawrence's contacted me a couple of years ago asking for a similar provision to be provided in the secondary sector.

On Monday evening I chaired a meeting of the shared campus working group, where we received an update from officers and the design team on how the consultation is going with stakeholders and their developing thinking on the design of the campus. The engagement so far with staff, pupils, parents and others has been very positive and helpful to the design team.

I am pleased with the good progress we are making with this exciting project.

No comments:

Post a Comment